Monday, March 24, 2008

I love Amy Sedaris




I wanted to make something special for Easter & couldn't decide what to do. Then it hit me..my favorite bunny loving person in the world has a cupcake recipe I've been wanting to try for ages.

My love for Amy Sedaris reaches deeper than you can even imagine. Any woman who decides a great joke to play on her dad would be to wear a fat suit & convince him that she somehow gained hundreds of pounds over the course of 6 months would be a great idea is more than okay in my book. Oh..and she has gifted Martha Stewart a bong. Can you say awesome? Yep.

So I present to you the Amy Sedaris cupcake recipe.

1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups of sugar

Beat well, then add:

Add 2 large eggs
2 Teaspoons of pure vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/4 cups of milk

Beat well, fill cups, and bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes. I think I was supposed to get 24 but I got 19, and the amount of frosting I got was just right for 19 cupcakes.

Frosting

1 stick of unsalted butter
1 box of Domino confectionary sugar
1/4 cup half-and-half
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla

Whip for a while, color if you want.

I saw her say on Martha Stewart.."Oh, Martha. I never sift. That's just more to clean." I did sift though because no one likes biting into a lump of salt or flour.

& the finished product




To be perfectly honest I found them a bit dense, but they were delicious none the less.
& they are officially the first cupcakes I've made that my husband has totally devoured.